Thursday, November 16, 2023

Vanity

Hello, I like to think of myself as having no vanity about my looks. However, I find I do not want to be seen with the big bandage on my nose. When I had the spot taken off on the side of my face, I figured people would not notice. And that was true for most. This is quite visible when you would first see me, hence I feel more like hiding at home. I am not sure how long I will have to bandage this site, but it will be for a while. I get the stitches out on Monday, but it will still be quite a noticeable wound. Today feels like a day I could go out, but I have not. Someone asked me if we would like symphony tickets for this Saturday and turned them down. It just seemed too public. I do have a dentist appointment next Tuesday and I expect to go to that. Hopefully they will not press on my nose. I do not remember if that happens when my teeth are cleaned. If nothing hurts it would not be noticeable. Maybe I will scare them. I did help hang out clothes today and I retrieved all of them as well as fold all of them. It was just fine to do that my moving around. At least it is not a heavy job. I am tired of sitting or lying around. I only sleep on my back and that starts to bother me after a while. I woke early this morning and could not get back to sleep. Leroy and I went to the store to make a return. I noticed people look at me and then look away quickly. Now I will be able to just do this. Paula

No comments: