Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Music Day

Hello, The study at church this morning was on Mary’s song in the bible. That was followed by lunch in the loft which is an organ concert. I did not eat in the church except for an apple to give myself some energy for the walk home. It was quite nice out today. That is so welcome along with the sunshine. Tonight, there is a church service which always incorporates some music. That will be followed by choir practice. We also had practice last night. This Saturday evening, we will sing parts of Handel’s Messiah with a local choral group. It is fun to sing with so many. Last week, I gathered CDs that I no longer listen to. The half price store gave me just a paltry sum for them. Next time they will just be donated to another place. We plan to move in about a year and a half so it is important to lighten the load. Some books also went out of the house. For some reason I seldom listen to music, but just have silence and motors running around me. Classical music is a favorite, but then it seems I must stop everything and pay attention to it. Background music might be fine, but I do not want to go to the effort to seek it out. Paula

No comments: