Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Surgery Done

Hello, Mohl Surgery took place yesterday morning. I learned several things. It is easier if the spot is showing and not under the skin because they do not know what they will find. My surgeon asked the nurse if she knew about some procedure (I can’t tell you the name.). The nurse replied that she had seen it once. The surgeon told her, “I have a certain instrument in my pocket, so it is ready.” This thing was never mentioned again so I expect they did not need it. Only once was it necessary to take a piece off to have it sent to the lab. The end of the nose is a noticeable place to get shots to deaden the area. The surgeon and nurse kept telling me to wiggle my toes when they had to do it. They also gave me some deadening that lasted a little long than ordinary so they only had to redo it once. The last part was longer than the first. The surgeon told me she was moving my nose a little to the side and that required more length to the cuts. Before she did anything she warned me that I would not look the same and I would always see the place. After the surgery she commented that I would look like a million bucks, but not right now. Yesterday after I came home, I thought, why try to repair the spot just leave a hole there. I can live with that. I am to keep my head upright and sleep with it raised. Too much blood in the area could cause bleeding. They had specific instructions on caring for that. I did have to apply that knowledge yesterday afternoon.
Leroy is good at taking over all household chores. He is working today, but I am feeling better than I did yesterday, so I can get my own lunch. It is difficult to read anything because glasses do not fit well on my face. Reading glasses work because they do not have to be in a particular alignment.
But watching TV is easier. I even found a few good things to watch. Paula

No comments: