Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Bandage Changed

Hello, After 48 hours we could remove the bandage they put on, wash the area, apply petroleum jelly and reapply gauze and tape. I let it just be without a bandage for about 15 minutes. That felt good. They had put on a lot of extra padding for pressure it is nice to not feel that anymore. It was a bit more of a challenge to put on the new bandage. The petroleum jelly went ok, but was also an issue to get it in the right places. The tissue by my eyes were involved in extracting the tape. Leroy tried to avoid that in reapplying, but it is still close to my eyes. Maybe we can dream up a better extraction method. I am pleased that my glasses sit better on my face. That is so nice. So reading is easier, but still my eyes feel tired quickly. Perhaps that is the tape pulling on the skin by my eyes. I have barely gone out of the house and I miss that. I did go out and look at the little free library in front of the house. Many of the kid books have been taken. So now we could use both kid and adult books. My money has come just in time to help restock with racially sensitive books. Leroy has gone to choir tonight. When we sang a hymn yesterday morning, I became uncomfortable quite quickly. It seems to bring too much blood to the face. I can lower my head a little farther today without noticeable throbbing in my nose area. My thanksgiving cactus both red and white, are loaded with buds. Paula

No comments: