Saturday, November 4, 2023

Fermented Honey

Hello, I generally buy honey from Brian. This year he does not have so much honey because one hive of bees cleaned out the hive and went away. They apparently felt something was wrong or the queen did. For some reason some of the other honey is getting fermented. He is not able to sell that honey and disposes of it. That does not fit my idea of what is right in the world. I brough home six jars of fermented honey even though we do not generally have anything in our house that is fermented. I just said, “I will try it in the granola as that would cook off the alcohol.” When I told Miriam about this she said, “I know you will use that.” Do I have a reputation of using the unusable? Leroy did not even notice any different taste to the granola that I made today. I will say that honey was easier to use as it pours more like water than honey with less sticking to the side of the cup. I too did not notice the taste when I ate the granola. So, I suppose I will use most of it unless some jars have more flavor than others. In the bit I read about fermented honey that can happen as it just keeps evolving. Apparently honey that has a higher water content is subject to this fermenting possibility. Paula

No comments: