Monday, January 30, 2023

Retirement Party

Hello, Yesterday afternoon was my retirement party. Leroy said, “I will come too and leave after half an hour to go to the organ concert.” “It might not be worth it for you to come as there might be no one there.” I cautioned. “I want to support you,” he firmly replied. So off we went in two cars. I got there a bit early and people were setting up this lovely colorful feast of fruits, veggies, crackers, and sweets. They catered to my food tastes! Leroy visited with others as friendly faces started coming in the door. I was surprised and delighted at how much I enjoyed it. I had not been at work for a month. What a pleasure to see these people who had been sprinkled throughout my days at work. Talk was the name of the game and there was plenty of it along with hugs and laughter. What gifts people bring with their presence and some presents! It was joyful for me to say the least. I was astonished at how many people came. It was also great fun to hear from people that they liked my smile and kindness in dealing with them as library patrons and how much they missed me. I feel blessed and uplifted. A lovely plant I received.
Paula

No comments: