Tuesday, January 3, 2023

First Day of Retirement

Hello, Because the library was closed yesterday, it does not count as my first day of retirement. I got up knowing I did not have to rush to pack a lunch or rush out of the house to get to the library in time for tai chi. I volunteered to start the zoom account from my home. That did not go as smoothy as anticipated. Because I was on a different computer it wanted to sent a verification code to my boss’s email. I texted her and got no response. Then I texted a coworker who has been going to the library early to get some writing done. She also did not respond. Then because it was fifteen minutes before the class was to start, I called my boss. She answered, but sounded terrible. She had a bad cold, but said, “I will be there in a few minutes.” She cannot access her email at home. I would try the other worker. Calling her worked. It took some doing to have her to sign on my work computer, get the meeting going and make me the host. Next week we will be more prepared. I washed two loads of clothes, went to the church to drop off some things, went to the library, then back to the church to pick up three poinsettias that were beautiful, but in need of a home. Next on my list was to call my pension office, got put on hold, and finally learned that they will send me a form which my employer must fill out. Guess I will be back in the library soon. It seems I should have taken care of this before. Somehow, I am not so fast on the thinking of what needs to be done. Perhaps, it is because I have never retired before. Paula

No comments: