Monday, January 9, 2023

Clothes hung out

Hello, Leroy helped me hang out sheets and some other bedding items this morning when it was 21 degrees F with a thin layer of old snow on the ground. There was some immediate freezing and stiffening of the fabric. I remember my mom carrying sheets out to hang and freeze. When some of the overalls came back in they were able to stand up by themselves. When we washed, everything had to be hung inside over the registers. She also liked the smell of sheets that were out in the air when drying. This afternoon it was 43 degrees F. when I brought everything back in. Some things had dried quite a lot. But most needed some hanging time. We have one of my mother’s wooden clothes racks. It is memory time indeed, especially since she always washed clothes on Monday. It seemed to be a law at our house. I also made a trip to Ely to get some financial papers signed for retirement as well as to return some books. Then there were three books that I checked out because they were not in the libraries that are close to me. Larger population means more books, but also more people to check them out. I might have to make a trip to check out books from time to time. Leroy finally made a trip to the local library to get some paper copies of books. He actually found three on the shelf that he wanted. Parking was a bit of a challenge for him too. There is a free lot with the library, but it was full. There is not much free street parking that is close. We are in good enough shape to walk so it is not a problem. Paula

No comments: