Saturday, January 21, 2023

Laughter and More

Hello, I read, Miss Julia Speaks her Mind by Ann B Ross. In the first half of the book I did a lot of smiling and I had to quote some for Leroy. Maybe it was the last half or later, I laughed out loud. When Leroy would glance curiously at me, I just laughed harder. He tells me he likes hearing my laugh. It has been a while since I have laughed at a book. I will have to get some more by this author since she has written a long series. Think I have read some of the titles but certainly not all. Perhaps the first is the funniest. It is nice to have some light, entertaining, reading in the house. We have been watching mysteries on TV. Not much laughter involved there, but certainly curious as to “who done it”. I do feel that there is a bit of sameness among them. This afternoon, and into the evening we will help with clean up at the meals our church serves each Saturday night. It is a satisfying contribution. I am glad people have this opportunity if they need it. We did some grocery shopping yesterday. I go around the store muttering to myself, “How can poor people manage to feed themselves?” It is scary to think about. I also realize that many of them pay much more for rent than I do. I am so blessed and cared for. Paula

No comments: