Saturday, January 14, 2023

Enough Steps

Hello, Yesterday, Leroy and I gathered enough steps between shopping and a fairly long walk. We just stomped around the house to get the rest. It was a challenge to be out yesterday because of the cold, damp, wind. I keep thinking if we could just walk in one direction we could make it around the world and always have the wind at our back. I heard of a guy who always planned his bike rides that way with the wind at his back. Not sure anymore if that was the beginning or the end of the ride. Leroy and I talked about doing a bit of cleaning today, but I left it up to Leroy what we would do and I have not heard a final place to start. Nothing seemed appealing? Perhaps? Right now, he is reading and I know he wants to spend some time working on stamps. He always calls it working, but I know it is a pleasure. He did recently comment that if/when we downsize he will have to give up his stamps because they take up quite a bit of space. That will be a sad day. The word downsizing does strike a bit of terror in the hearts of those with prized possessions. How did possessions become such a garner of attention and care? It would be easier to eliminate Leroy’s things than my special things. Maybe we should work on each other’s stuff? Paula

No comments: