Thursday, January 19, 2023

Effort Expended

Hello, Leroy and I shoveled snow by the garage before he went to work. I assured him I would have plenty of time to do the front after he was gone. Back out after breakfast was the process that worked for me. That means I was still in the shovel mode. This snow was wet and heavy, but not so much of it. That meant it was important to pay attention to how much snow was on the shovel before pitching it to the side. Out front, I went ahead and cleared a path on the neighbor’s right of way because in the fall he had had back surgery. I have not seen him out shoveling. Not sure if he should be doing such activity, plus, I know he goes to work very early in the morning. It seemed prudent to do a path of the neighbor on the other side because he had also told me of some health issues. He certainly looks thin. What a chore, but so much satisfaction both in seeing the sidewalk come into view and helping some neighbors. It is still wet out there, but the sidewalk is not slippery that I know of. I learned that I could amass over 3000 steps doing this task what a double benefit. Exercise and accomplishments. Last night Leroy and I walked to church in the snow that was really more like rain. We were quite wet when we got there. It did not soak through our coats but our legs were wet. People know we like to walk so no one offered a ride home. Just when I was trying to decide who lived closest to us, a younger woman started talking to us. She told us she would give us a ride and it did not matter what direction she lived. She was not close to us, but we were quite grateful. Leroy already has 10,000 steps and I was close. So, no loss there. I forgot my mittens at church in the excitement of getting that ride and not slowing her down. On his way home from work, Leroy is going to look because he can easily go close to the church. Paula

No comments: