Monday, January 16, 2023

Change in plans

Hello, We had planned to meet with my brother-in-law this Wednesday. He was driving about seven hours from the south, while my brother and family were coming from another direction about an hour. Leroy and I were planning on about an hour as well. Yesterday we were informed us about the weather prediction, snow. We certainly do not like to drive in that especially as the temperatures were going to drop. We were to have rain here and it would get colder as we went. We are getting old and cautious because we cancelled the gathering. Taking changes in the weather while on the road is no longer our strong suit. Safe at home is much more appealing. We will try to find a day later that works for all of us. Hopefully the weather will be much better. We are also planning to visit some friends about a six-hour drive to the north of us. The target date for that is in March, but weather can still be a problem. I think we can be flexible about that too. We like to walk in the morning, but it was raining before Leroy went to work on stamps at the museum. It stopped a bit after that and I took a longer walk because it might start to rain again. I stayed fairly close to home, but got a lot of distance covered. I want to get back out, but do not know if it will happen. Paula

No comments: