Wednesday, January 18, 2023

A gift

Hello, One of my former coworkers gave me the gift of some apples and pears. As I told her, she knows me. There were also two smaller bags of chocolate covered cherries and chocolate blueberries. Leroy has been eating most of them. I did have a taste of each, but there seems to be more chocolate than fruit. Chocolate and I do not have a close relationship, or perhaps I should say no relationship. Does about 95 percent of the population like chocolate? It seems that way. People are always a bit amazed when they learn that I do not eat it. There appears to be an attitude that chocolate is good when you do not know what to have for others. That has helped me to avoid many sweets over the years. Now I have the gift of time. I am attending a study at church which I find quite interesting. There is no book to read, so I have more time than I thought I would. What do I do? Twiddle my thumbs? I am reading more than I have in recent times, but I find I do not like to sit for such a long time. Moving around is more my style. Long walks help some, but it is cold and damp so staying out for a long time is not appealing. Paula

No comments: