Sunday, January 15, 2023

Too many clothes

Hello, I just realized today that being retired means for sure I do not need so many clothes. I might have thought this before, but it is reinforced. Most of my clothes are staying in the closet or a drawer. Now the question would be, what should I eliminate? Was life simpler when I was growing up and I only had one Sunday dress? One dress that I wore until I outgrew it and it became a school dress or was passed on to a smaller cousin. It was at least worn once a week during its stay with me. Even if I did not like it, I had to wear it. Now, if I made a bad choice it just hangs around but is not worn. Hard to get rid of because I paid for it. Oh no! I do not remember the number of outfits I had for school. Surely it was a week’s worth, but I am not positive. At least clothes are easier to deal with than photographs. It is better now that so many of them are digital and I do not have to fuss about the space they take. Attending to them is on my to do list which I have basically ignored. Luckily, we do not have so many books in the house because we are both quite comfortable moving them out. Also, the library is our greatest source of books. Grateful for the public libraries. Before we move once more, we will probably eliminate some more. I can certainly see some books of Leroy’s that I do not understand the point in moving as he as not looked at them in a year or more. Paula

No comments: