Sunday, March 12, 2017

Walking

Hello,

Leroy and I are making a lot of progress on our walking or moving during Lent. In the time that I have had the Fitbit I have learned that I do not walk as much as I thought I did. I have to work a little extra to get up to 10,000 steps. Every day I put in more than 5,000 without effort. Last Wednesday I did 18,000+ steps. Are you impressed with that? I am. I am also happy to report that I did not get sore or feel any effects from that amount of walking. On the info about Luther I learned that he once walked from Germany to Rome, averaging 26 miles per day. It is certainly a different life style than we are used to now when I consider 26 miles on my bike a bit of a deal.

Today, Leroy will do twice as much as I am going to do since he will be walking back to church which involves a mile each direction. We were happy this morning because there was little to no wind on the way to church in the colder temperatures. If we could just keep those low temperatures for a week or two rather than bounce from 70 to 20 in a few days it would make it much more comfortable. I remember winters where it was cold for an extended period of time and 30 felt like a heat wave. As with much of life it is all in one’s perspective.

Two or three people asked about the participation on our walking or moving on Wednesday. This coming Wednesday I expect others to join us. Someone said it might snow! Oh well, we will just be moving indoors then.


Paula

No comments: