Monday, March 20, 2017

Sleeping and Yoga

Hello,

I had two nights in a row of sleeping at least five hours at a time. After going to the bathroom once during the night, I went back to sleep for the remainder of the time. It was wonderful and I felt so good during the day. For some optimistic reason I thought I had it all locked in with a changed sleep pattern.

However last night popped that bubble. I had a little trouble going to sleep. Just as I got there the neighbors across the street decided to have some type of altercation that involved yelling, slamming doors, and loudly driving away. It was quiet after that, but I was unfortunately awake. Leroy managed to slip promptly back to the world of dreams while I shifted my position several times before drifting peacefully down. The first time I woke to go the bathroom I was hoping that it would be close to morning, but that was a vain thought as it was only 12:30. Sigh! I managed to walk up two more times before it was morning. My eyes were dry, but getting a drink one time helped with that. Perhaps that is what I needed all along, but did not realize it.

This morning I followed a yoga tape that left me with a sure knowledge that there are many poses that I cannot possibly do. At least that keeps me humble. Sometimes when I do things that others cannot, I feel a bit of pride. This tape, however, assured me that we all have our limitations. A comfortable place is to accept what I can do as a gift, work for more, but be aware that there are always others who can do what is impossible for me. In other words I should not be so arrogant or hard on myself. Neither is a happy contented place to be.


Paula

No comments: