Monday, March 13, 2017

Snow

Hello,

Leroy, who keeps track of weather more than I do, kept talking about snow yesterday. Most of the day it did not look like snow. When he returned from his evening meeting it had seriously started. By the time we went to bed it looked like day outside with the lights reflecting off the accumulation. In the morning we got on outdoor clothes and went out to tackle the result even though snow was still coming down. Leroy shoveled out to the garage while I tested shovels. Our downstairs friends have five shovels ready to go and I tried three before I settled for the proper one. One was too old, one was too heavy, and one was just right.

Before I was totally done with the front Leroy came to help, since he had finished by the garage. When I finished our part going NE I just kept going because our new neighbors have not yet shoveled when it snowed. I am not sure that they even have a shovel. In some ways I was not really trying to help them, but to help the people who have to walk on it. When walking, I am always grateful to the people who shovel. Then Leroy was done and he did the part for the next neighbors since our downstairs friends take care of that and they cannot do it right now. Consequently we did our own plus two. It feels good to get that done, but it is all covered with another light coating of snow. I hope to get back out there when it quits. I am going to work an hour later today since I have some comp time. Hopefully the snow will quite in time.

I decided to count the shoveling as exercise time even though it did not give me many steps. Just not enough forward motion involved.

Leroy’s big question before he left for work was, “Should I stick to the main streets and take the less traveled streets?”

Having no answer I shrugged my shoulders and let him figure that out for himself.

Paula

No comments: