Sunday, March 26, 2017

Leroy's Red Face

Hello,

Leroy has now a bright red face in many spots. His nose is especially bright as it is looking ready to blister. He tells me that it hurts to smile. I tell him that is progress with the cream for the elimination of precancerous cells. It does look rather painful as he has somehow gotten it under one of the pads where his glasses sit. I told him, “You should stay away from that spot.”

“I did not mean to be getting it,” he replied.

He will have been putting on the cream for two weeks come Wednesday so he will be about done with some spots for sure. The top of his head does not look so intense. Perhaps it will need a bit longer to get that.

Leroy also did some action teams; one was to assist with the postage for a Kid’s First fundraiser. Kids First is an organization that works with kids whose parents are getting a divorce. He also said his team could help put on address labels and postage. We, along with a number of other people, got 1500 postcards ready to mail in about an hour. It was fun as I have not worked on that type of project in some time. Really the visiting is what gives a lift to the spirit.

One of the people there has a little free library on her lawn. She said, “Those books that you put in there were gone almost right away.”

I am going to try to do another such action team as there are many little free libraries that we did not get to. I have since seen another one of them. The day I looked in, it had no books in it. Seems there is always a need.


Paula

No comments: