Friday, March 10, 2017

Fender Bender

Hello,

Last evening I waited for Leroy to come home. He had said he would be home by 5:00. By 5:30 I was just starting to wonder because he is generally a very prompt person. Also he had talked about driving to Iowa City to visit someone in the hospital. I often feel concerned because he likes to fall asleep in the afternoon and driving seems to cause drowsiness. He walked in the door just as I was pondering what to do, where to call.

“What delayed you?” I wondered.

“Oh, I was talking some time to talk to the insurance agent,” he replied.

Since he seemed to be in one piece and not excited I asked calmly, “Why was that?”

“I got hit, or he hit someone, while pulling out of a parking place. There was a big vehicle parked next to me and I could not see anyone coming and they could not see me.” He said.

It was a cracked and dented bumper that will have to be replaced. As you know the plastic means no pounding out a dent. Certainly it is not really a fender bender more of a fender split. I suppose in today’s market it is a very minor deal especially since I had been thinking he might have fallen asleep while driving. It just requires time and money to get it all fixed. Luckily we have both even if we did not want to spend them this way.

Since I have never had an accident of any kind and Leroy has had three minor ones, he wonders if I should be driving the newer car to keep it in better shape. Who knows?


Paula

No comments: