Saturday, March 11, 2017

Another day off together

Hello,

Leroy and I are both home today, but we are not getting quite as much work done as we did last Saturday. Perhaps that is because it is becoming more common place. We will have next Saturday off as well. Today I once again washed and hung out sheets along with some of the other larger clothes items. It was quite cold but with Leroy’s help it went fast. Now all of them are back inside. A few things are hanging on the racks where they are finishing or maybe they were just cold. At any rate the apartment smells like those clothes dried outside. I am quite content. There was a nice breeze so it blew much of the moisture away.

We watched a show on DVD giving us some shared time off.  Leroy is now “working” on his stamps. I did see that it is good to have a hobby in retirement. Can’t imagine what that could be for me. Volunteering is also highly rated and that appeals to me quite a lot. Leroy has also talked about doing some short mission trips which also appeals to me. Maybe I will just take up writing full time if I can think of anything to write about.

Leroy did take the car to the body shop to get an estimate and a time set up. It will be done in two weeks. They will need to have it for two days, but we are hoping to get that all figured out. I have off Wednesday and we both work on Thursday. Leroy goes to the church to which he can walk, but he would have a hard time making any calls without a car. Proves to us that: given our lives we still need two cars. Hopefully in retirement we can manage with one. We would like to be able to use public transportation and not have a car at all, but do not know that that will happen.

My eye is getting back to normal. It does not hurt or itch, but still has a red lid.


Paula

No comments: