Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Some things done

Hello,

I had an appointment for a pessary check. I made it on time and was not so excited that my blood pressure was off the chart. High blood pressure seemed like a given because of all that had happened as I got ready to go and while on my way. Leaving home I had to get out and push the button to lower the garage door as it does not work well below a certain temperature. Then just before I pulled away a box blew out of the neighbor’s recycling bin. Because it was in front of the car I got out and put it back in, went back to the car put it in gear only to have our yardy (yard waste recycling bin) blow over. So, once again put the car in neutral, set the parking brake, right the can, get back in the car, put it in gear, and take off the parking brake before anything else could happen. Once on the street I was cruising along nicely when a man, who was not looking, stepped out almost in front of me. I quickly applied the brakes as my heart raced, but happy that we did not meet on a more personal level.

When I got to the office I did some breathing in the 4-4-4 pattern. That is breath in to a count of four, hold for four, and breathe out for a count of four. Our neighborhood police office recommended this technique if you are in a difficult situation. This lowers your blood pressure and helps you to think rationally. I am all for that.

Later I called and got a haircut from a new place because I could not get in at my old one. My hair was too long. I was pleased that it looks good. Finding a new person for any of the services that I use is a struggle for me. I just get in a rut and stay there. The other just takes too much effort even if it is not quite what I want.


Paula

No comments: