Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Lucky Me!

Hello,

Yesterday I instructed myself to go out late morning, after the snow stopped, and finish shoveling the last layer. I forgot all about that, but the sun and warmer air did the job for me. I was pleased when I went out to see cleared walks where it had been shoveled. Course it was not really warm, but the combination of the lateness of the year and warmer pavement really made a difference. Lucky me!

When I drove to work the road was clear of snow and slipping danger. Lucky me!

On these cold days I am always grateful for that furnace that works along with the insulation that hugs the warmth to us. What a blessing that keeps delivering all winter long. Lucky me!

This morning, after showing and putting on my clothes, I could not find my glasses. I checked in the bathroom, fairly certain that I had worn them in there. No glasses to be seen. I went to the bedroom and felt in the spot on the bed headboard to make sure that I had not missed them. I looked on the dresser where I only put them on the white cloth so I can see them. No glasses to be seen. I said, in a raised voice, “Leroy, will you look for my glasses, I cannot find them.” Leroy came and looked in the bedroom. He even looked in places I would never put them. Then he moved on to the bathroom, where he spotted them immediately. What a great person to help see what I cannot. Lucky me!

I am enjoying the book, Tumbledown Manor by Helen Brown which is a nice escapism read after serious 1984 and The Fault in Our Stars. Lucky me!


Paula

No comments: