Friday, May 31, 2013

More Pictures

Hello,

Soon I will no longer have pictures or prints that are not in frames. Just today I took a couple Slovak embroidery pictures and ordered them framed. I picked frames off the shelf and had the people in the shop mount them as I am not so good with the crafty stuff. I was impressed that they have called to tell me they are ready. I will wait to find out if there is anything that Leroy wants to shop for before I go pick them up. A part of me says they could wait a week, but now I am anxious to see what they look like. Then the next question will be, “Where should they hang?” Our walls keep getting more and more things on them. I am happy to have things out of the drawer or where ever they are hiding. There is no point in having them hidden away.

I knew the rain kept coming, but I did not realize the river was getting so high. Leroy tells me that they are quite concerned at the museum as they have one building that is in a low lying area. He may be spending the day moving things to higher ground. At any rate he wore old clothes to work. Yesterday when it was time for Leroy to come home, the sky released its load of water. Leroy’s boss had suggested he leave early, but he had not quite made on the bike when the storm came in. If he had been five minutes quicker he would surely have been drenched. His boss then brought him home and this morning Leroy walked to work (a little over three miles) so he could ride home today. It is getting close to five and the sun is out so I think he will make it without trouble.

Our camera acted up for Leroy in the same two ways that it did a few months ago for me. I looked at cameras today. Amazing all of the upgrades that go into a smaller unit! It also interests me how just looking at new things starts a yen for such. I really had not thought much about a new camera before this; now I am lusting after the new and better. For some reason I am more ready to make this purchase than I am to buy a new TV. Material girl, I am, but not for everything.


Paula

No comments: