Monday, May 27, 2013

Reading

Hello,

The book for book club is 700+ pages in large print. Can I read that in a week? I hope so. I have read it before, but it was years ago, maybe even ten, so my memory is a bit vague. It is Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. I have read 100 pages today so I figure that is progress. I do work tomorrow and Thursday which will cut into the reading time. Because Leroy worked today I just spent a quiet day at home. I pulled a few weeds, washed clothes, took a nap, and baked bread. I must have been tired because I almost never nap although napping has increased as my life as rolled on.

Leroy tells me that he was busy with people at work today. I suspect the rainy weather made the museum/library a good destination. Yesterday one of our friends left a note on Facebook stating that she and her family were visiting the museum yesterday. Unfortunately I did not look at the computer until later in the evening. At least she had included her phone number so I called and we had quite a nice long chat. Because new American teachers came each year to Slovakia, it increased the numbers of people we know from that experience. It is great that Leroy works at the museum because it means we are a bit of a destination for people as they cross the country.

Because Leroy is home I am not talking to myself so much, I am fighting for blankets in the night, I get some body lotion on that hard to reach spot on my back, I am eating more variety, I do not lock the door at night, I do not cut all the veggies, and I do not wash all of the dishes. It is a good life.

Paula

No comments: