Sunday, May 26, 2013

Leroy Home


Hello,

Planes fly in spite of rain. I worked all day at the library and picked up Leroy on the way home. He did sit at the airport for an hour and wait for me. He professed not to mind because he had a book to read. It was good to see him spot me and head to the open space with his heavy bags. Now I must find some places to put all of the granola supplies so they do not go rancid. Luckily we do not have so many things in our refrigerator or freezer. So far I have put in everything but 15 pounds of unsweetened coconut and 20 pounds of sesame seeds. I will work on the logistics of that tomorrow.

Leroy and I were sensible and drove to church today. It was a light rain, but we did not trust it as it rained lightly and heavily all day yesterday. It was raining more seriously when we went home so the car was welcome. This afternoon the rain stopped for a short time. “I am going out,” I declared.

Leroy went with me. I thought I might walk/run for 30 minutes, but we had not been out even ten minutes when sprinkles could be felt so we hurried home after having covered less than a mile. I was disappointed. I am ready for the rain to stop, but grateful for a warm dry place to be.

The poinsettia still looks good. I am happy to look at those red leaves especially now that I have put almost everything else outside where I think they are shivering and almost drowning. I still have plants at two libraries. This week I expect to get the fern and the airplane or spider plant from the school library. I am not sure that I will be able to get the others out of the public library as they have become part of the décor. However the large Christmas cactus is coming home for sure as I think it needs a change of scene.

Paula

No comments: