Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Living in the future


Hello,

I just realized that I am living in the future as I am focused on going to Salt Lake on Friday. I had to do some shopping today because I will feel too pressed for time to do it on Friday morning. Also our refrigerator was looking a little bare and I wanted to fill it a bit so Leroy will be supplied. When taking back the TV antenna the person who helped me stated that it was the second one that had been brought back in recent days. She wondered if they were worth selling. Apparently an online offer is better and of course more expensive. For now we are just happy with the old faithful rabbit ears, unattractive but attracting.

I am looking forward to seeing Miriam’s family again. I have not been there for about a year and a half. I guess my job ties me down so I do not travel as much as I used to.

Packing has not yet started, but my mind is full of it. I just do not want a suitcase sitting around in our living space. I always wear a fanny pack when flying because I like to keep those important papers attached to my body. However I heard again about the fashion no no on the radio. I will buck the trend and wear it anyway. It flitted through my mind that I could get out my tan summer purse, but where is it? I did a little looking all the while telling myself that I did not need it I have other more important things to do. However, once I am mystified I want an answer so I disregarded self talk. I stole valuable time until I spotted a box with purses written in large letters. I resisted the urge to look in there and just assumed that it would be there. Now if I can remember this box I will be all set when I return to Cedar Rapids. Leroy will go the week after I come home. Miriam is starting school. Leroy and I are becoming chief child care people for two weeks. Leroy will leave the car at the CR airport and I will find it. Scenes of me wandering around the parking lot at the airport have played through my mind. Leroy is going to tell me where the car is parked, but will I understand that? My concepts are perfectly clear, but Leroy’s are a bit fuzzy at times. Luckily it is a small airport with a small lot.

Paula

No comments: