Monday, May 6, 2013

Trip South


Hello,

Yesterday, Leroy and I made a trip south to Burlington. On the way we saw some wildlife: hawks, a duck, a coyote, and lightless cars flashing past in the deep fog.

We even left a bit early because of the thick fog that allowed us to get a dim view of our neighbor’s house. Twenty miles down the road the fog started to dissipate and in about ten more miles it was a distant memory.

The church was celebrating their 125th anniversary. It was fun to visit with the people in the church where Leroy grew up as well as served as interim pastor just two years ago. I am not sure why, but I am always a little surprised that I find so many people to talk to. Generally I am afraid I will be standing around wondering what to do as people connect all around. Instead we had a hard time leaving because we were still talking.

I even learned something new from reading about the colored windows in the church. They are not stained glass as I had thought, but color is infused in them. It does give quite a different look, more like a painting.

On the drive it was fun to note that the trees had more visible leaves and blooms as we went south. Seems it should not make that much difference since it is not really a long distance, but it is different. We also noticed that there was so much more water standing around with creeks and streams up to the banks.

It was a nice relaxing time off.

Paula

No comments: