Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Walking

Hello.

I walked to the appointment for my checkup. I did not map the route ahead of time, but I could have figured out the distance. It is a ways beyond the church which is a little over a mile. I had some papers to drop off at the church and because I made it there in less than 15 minutes I had plenty of time before my appointment. Leroy was quite impressed that I got to church in just 12 minutes. Course we often count leaving time up in the apartment before we put on coats, shoes, or other necessities. Today I forgot my hat so I went back. On the second time to leave I looked at my phone just as I left the back steps.

It was hot and I was a little sweaty by the time I got to the office, but a few minutes cool down helped that situation. For some reason my blood pressure was higher than I thought it should be even though the nurse thought it was good. I have certainly had lower readings. By the time I got home I had covered over 7000 steps. I did not run any of it because I had an umbrella in my backpack and I did not want to feel it bouncing on my back.

Tomorrow after work, if I remember to fetch them, I will bring my plants home from the school library. That means I will have to take care of them as both the fern and the spider plant are much too crowded in their pots. Anyone want plants to add interest to your life? They are the most gentle of visitors demanding little. You can talk all you want and they never talk back. They just require some sun, soil, and water. I think the fern will make three or four plants and the spider plant has fifty or more babies hanging on it. It would be good for children to start their own plant. I have a tough time getting rid of plants by throwing them away. However I am callous when it comes to weeds they go in the compost pile quickly.


Paula

No comments: