Saturday, May 18, 2013

Changing Times


Hello,

Tomorrow morning I get on the plane to return to Iowa where I am hoping it will be warmer. I walked in jeans and long sleeves this morning with a temp of 51 F. It would feel even colder in the more humid Midwest, but it was chilly.

Right now I am wondering why people might complain about day light savings time changes as it hangs around for some months. I am going to, just after a week, make an hour change once more. Flexibility, flexibility!

Miriam will have to train new help as Leroy is getting on the plane any minute now. I will leave taking my new found skills with me. Those include driving their car, and finding my way to preschool and a store as well as ballet class. I used some old skills to make two batches of bread, cinnamon twists, and cinnamon rolls. I left my zest for cleaning at home much to Miriam’s disappointment. I hope her father brings his urge to run the vacuum cleaner as well as help Andy with this and that. I have completed some dusting in a rather lackadaisical manor. You know, a little here and a little there. At least I did not give them the light going over that I remember some children doing where the cloth only touched the surface here and there. The few things I dusted were indeed dusted.

This morning I did help Miriam move some daffodils in the cool, light rain. Luckily her neighbor warned that the bulbs should not be put in the mud as the ground would become like cement around them when it dried. So we let the dirt dry a bit before we tucked them back in. The green tops look a bit limp with shock now, but we are hoping for a recovery. Blooming is over for them for the year so that should be ok.

Miriam posted some good pictures on FB of our Sunday hike. It was indeed a nice day. I think we all look good.

Paula

No comments: