Friday, May 24, 2013

Leroy Coming home


Hello,

Leroy is coming home tomorrow. He gets on the plane early in the morning and I will pick him up on my way home from work. That will all work out fairly well. He will have to wait almost an hour for me at the airport, but it is not too bad. I think it would be fine if he even were a little late. Less guilt for me for not being there at the minute he needs me to be. He will have something to read. Miriam tells me that he is almost all packed. He is a little nervous about the weight of his bags because of having so many nuts and seeds in there. Their scale needs a new battery so they cannot check it out ahead of time.

It has been very quiet around here, especially those days when I stayed home. I can only talk to myself so long before I get tired of that. Also I try not to look like a crazy person who does not realize that no one else is around.

I have especially noticed that meals are not so interesting. Is this an indication of what widowhood might be like? Maybe I should just die first and let Leroy figure out how to navigate such a path. It does not look like fun to me.

I would certainly have to develop some more human resources in my area of residence. Work gives me that outside interaction, but I would need more.

I did go to the grocery store this morning. Now I do not understand how I could come out with so many things when my list was short. The final bill was quite a lot larger than it usually is, but then I bought walnuts, Greek yogurt, and Honey crisp apples. Those by themselves totaled over $15.

It is so beautiful out now; clear, cool, and comforting with the vibrant greens. Nature has been well designed for eye serenity and soul refreshment. I am not yet ready to live in a green less place.

Paula

No comments: