Saturday, May 4, 2013

Good and Bad


Hello,

As with most days there is some good and bad. Should I tell the bad first so you are left savoring the good? Because of the sharp edge that my tongue feels on the last tooth lower right side, I believe a piece of my crown has fallen out. I thought I could ignore this until my appointment in two months, but I will do something about it as it is now bigger. I am unhappy thinking about the cost, but glad that we have the money set aside for “emergencies” for which we have no insurance. I am also disgusted because I just got this crown in Burlington about two years ago. The old 17 year old crown was not bad, but the dentist felt that a new one was in order because of the receding gum line. I have two other crowns that are now about 19 years old and still holding their spot and doing a good job.

So, on to the good, I went to the Ely Garage sales this morning. I found some good looking hooks that we can use in the closet or perhaps at the bottom of the steps to hang our jackets. I found a new lunch bag. Mine has some holes starting to form. I also found a flowerpot and some cards that show constellations with glow in the dark stars on them so they can be more easily matched with what one sees in the night sky.

The real valuable find was a wild flower in a lawn. I would not have noticed it, but a woman walking ahead of me leaned down and got excited because the violets were of the robin’s egg variety. It is white with purple spots all over it. I believe I have never seen one before. She said she has only seen them once before and this stretch of grass had quite a number of them. I am happy that some people are not so into killing weeds that I could still see this treasure. I even picked one and brought it home for Leroy to see. It is still alive as its stem rests in a jar lid with water in it.

Paula

No comments: