Friday, May 10, 2013

Packing


Hello,

I am packing, finally. I have washed two loads of clothes, contemplated hanging them outside, put them in the dryer because of outdoor dampness, fiddled with the dry vent, and folded clothes. Then there is the batch of bread that is now in the oven. It is unthinkable that Leroy would have to eat store bread while I am gone. That day may come, but not yet.

Last night when I printed off my boarding pass I was reminded that the flight times had changed. I am leave two hours later than I had planned. That is nice as it gives me more time to fuss around. I even sat for as many minutes as it takes me to finish the last 15 pages of the book, State of Wonder by Ann Prachett. I had a difficult time getting started on it, but liked it by the end. One more thing off the list to do before leaving.

The hardest task is packing. It is 50 degrees here and Miriam tells me it is to be in the 80’s most of the time I am there. I keep wanting to put in more warm items. So far I have successfully slapped that notion into the background with the comment that, “Miriam has clothes that fit if I am cold”. I will wear jeans so I can be a little warm on the way. At least toiletries are easy to do since I am done fooling with them early in the day and all that can be packed without thinking much about it. Just how much does it matter if the travel toothpaste tube is expired by about a year? I figure not at all, it is coming with me.

Leroy is taking the afternoon off and getting me to the airport. He had planned on working the opposite ends of the day, but I do not think that is a real problem. He is quite flexible and helpful.

Paula

No comments: