Friday, April 29, 2016

Hope

Hello,

Hope lives on in my heart. Some days I have more hope than sense when it comes to hanging out clothes. The clothes are struggling to dry in the rather damp air. It is not raining but quite cloudy. I think about my mother who had no choice but to hang most of the clothes out because she had no mechanical dryer, just lots of clothes racks that could be filled and refilled. I grew up with a wood furnace so on wash days the furnace was fired up expecting to speed the drying job. Still some things went outside even on very cold days. Sheets went out, but mom would gather them in such a way that she could quickly flop them over the clothes line giving less time for her hands to be frozen. Daddy’s overall also almost always went on the outside line. I remember bringing them in able to stand up on their own with the frozen ice in their veins.

Someday I might look up instructions before struggling with a task. Today I bought myself a watch that has a date on it. It was on the 26 so I just twirled the stem many many times to get to today’s day.
After I did that I looked up instructions for a quick date set on the internet. I could have saved myself many twirls had I done that first.

I had hoped to ride my bike to work tomorrow, but given how close the weather forecast has been to reality, I will take the car. I even got gas this morning.

Someday I hope to be able to spell every word that I want to express. Actually I think that is perhaps hopeless. I did use the word perdition when I really meant prediction in my last letter. I do know how to spell that, but something must have flipped strangely in my brain for it to come out the way it did, or I clicked on the wrong word in the spell check and never looked at it again. I really was not thinking of hell when I wrote that. What I really hope for is an easy way to find the word that I cannot begin to start to spell so that the spell checker knows what I am aiming for. Now that would be a miracle indeed.


Paula

No comments: