Saturday, April 2, 2016

Tablet Troubles

Hello,

Last Wednesday I turned on my tablet only to see a message that the battery was low. I turned it off, plugged it in and left it alone for some repowering time. When I tried to turn it on again it flashed a logo at me and then the screen went black. Turning it off and trying again did not give any more positive results. Plugging it in and leaving it overnight conjured up that same black screen.

Now I am wondering: it is totally gone? Is it fixable? Could it need a new battery? Where does a battery go on this thing? Who/where could this be worked on? Should I just buy a new one as repair costs could be more expensive? Leroy turned it on only to get the same results that I had. I complained to my co-workers, neighbors, and random strangers. No, no random strangers, but I was thinking about it.

One person did mention that it could be just the cord as that is usually the first thing to go. The light had glowed, as it appeared to be charging. Wires break? I plugged it into a different outlet, made sure the connection was good, and left it over night. I was afraid to try it this morning, but Leroy charged ahead and it came right on. I suppose something might be broken in the cord and plugging it in a different way caused it to connect. Anyway I am happy to have it return with no expenditures except some anxious thoughts and fussing. Sometimes it seems many things in life are just a lot of fussing rather than real deals. The budget program works as well even though it had not worked for a couple weeks. As with many things regarding computers there is no easy explanation. I have learned to say that’s the way it goes and I am happy it goes.

Who knew ten years ago that tablet would refer to something other than a pad of paper?


Paula

No comments: