Sunday, April 10, 2016

Arboretum

Hello,

Leroy and I thoroughly enjoyed our trip among the trees in spite of no leaves. I think I paid more attention to the bark and the shape of trees than I would have with leaves grabbing my attention. Just as with people, there was great growth variation. Some had small leaves already open or just ready to unfurl. Others had tight buds and others looked like leaves were not part of the plan. There were a few that had flower buds, but some of those were turning brown from the cold. We are ready to come back to this place. It would be great if it were a walk away. I suspect we would go there quite often. When in Burlington we walked daily in the park across the street. We both miss that. It was a wonderful start to our days.

This morning we carried umbrellas in a back pack. There were just a few drops before we got to church. It was a brisk walk encouraged by grumbling thunder from time to time. While we were at church it apparently rained and hailed, according to the weather watchers. On the way home we still had the umbrellas all wrapped up, but took them out about half way home. I am grateful to the inventor of umbrellas and then to have such nice fold up styles that can be easily carried in a bag are the best.

Leroy had a nursing home service this afternoon. Again he seems to have missed the rain so he will get a total of four miles walked today. The community garden looked wet and green in some places. There are some blooming flowers that we spot on our way to and from. Spring will be here soon. I am ready. I used some onions yesterday and expect to use some chives today. How nice it is to just go out and get them.


Paula

No comments: