Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Questions before Marriage

Hello,

Sunday at church I went to Sunday school which was held in the basement. It was cool down there. Before it started I got my jacket. Another woman who was also cool commented on it and added that premarital counseling should include discussion of what temperature is comfortable as there can be wide variations. Does that lead to thermostat wars in the home? Who gives in and why?

Leroy and I should have discussed water usage. No one knew it would be an issue. I should have had a hint when I visited Leroy’s home and his mother made the comment, “Some people do not pay the maximum for water, but we do so we can use as much as we want.”

I suspect she was making a hint because I was washing dishes and turned the water off between bouts of rinsing. What she did not know was that my sense of water usage was related to the cistern where it was a matter of running out rather than paying for it. We did have a well, but my parents loved the soft rain water so there was a strong dictum for not wasting water.

Leroy is not a big water waster, but he uses more than I. I do reprimand him from time to time when I forget that he has some rights too. At least here we do not have a bathtub and I do not have to witness the amount of water in there.

Another good talking point might be when is it time to go to bed and when time to get up? A part of that should be must this be done together? I always wanted to go to bed sooner than Leroy did, and get up sooner. He felt we should do this together. We worked that out with little problem. The interesting thing is that now he often gets up before I do. How did that happen?


Paula 

No comments: