Monday, April 18, 2016

Flowers

Hello,

It was wonderful to see the flowers on the way to and from church. Our neighborhood is awash in color with some daffodils, a few tulips, and some hyacinth. Then there are the dandelions, violets, creeping charley, as well as two varieties I cannot name. It was beautiful. I like seeing all the violets as it transports me to my childhood with walks in the woods and the wildflowers. I am happy that many or perhaps most of my neighbors do not use weed killer. We are more organic and surprising in the spring. It will not be long and none of these flowers will be seen, but just have leaves blending in with the green grass.

We have two tulips blooming by the house. Yesterday Leroy and I planted 20 additional bulbs that had been left at church after Easter. The leaves appear stressed, but the bulbs still look good.  Hopefully the squirrels will not dig in those spots. I had planted a number of them last year, but I think the squirrel got them. That is the only thing I can think of since only two managed to put in an appearance. One of them is red and one is yellow. Hopefully they will thrive and multiply.

Yesterday Leroy and I had planned to go to a concert in the afternoon, but the call to stay home was too strong. Instead Leroy raked the back yard as lots of branches and pods had fallen there. He also cleaned out his shoe box (It used to be the kids toy box.) on the back porch. While he was doing that it was a natural segue into cleaning the back porch floor. I am pleased. It all looks so much better. He was so satisfied with a completed job that it almost gives the feeling of relaxing. So there is no sense of guilt for working on Sunday.

Each night we tell each other the best part of our day. Leroy had to list several of those jobs, even though we generally only talk about one thing; he was just too full of satisfaction to let the rest go unmentioned.


Paula

No comments: