Friday, April 15, 2016

It is all Relative

Hello,

Just last summer 73 degrees F. would have been quite a pleasant temperature. Today it seemed hot to me. I was delivering the neighborhood newsletters. I do a lot of hill work and step work. That adds to my body heat, plus I was wearing a long sleeved shirt topped by my heavier sunscreen shirt. The hat was not so warm, but I was sweating under it. Why I did not wear sandals instead of socks and shoes, I do not know. Other people were more sensibly dressed in short sleeves and shorts with sandals.

Our place is cool, I guess well insulated, so I thought I needed more covering outside. This morning, I took out a number of my house plants. In the almost 50 degrees I wondered if they would be too cold. They all look fine, course it is in the 70’s now.

I like my houseplants, but I am happy to get them out of the house for the summer. It frees up a lot of space making the room seem larger even though I will not really use that space. Each new season brings something that I look forward to and like. For instance by the time winter comes I am tired of hanging clothes outside, but in the spring it seems like a great journey into the fresh air and sunshine.

I will be at work tomorrow and Leroy will be home. Following my example he has created a job list. He even spent some time tonight getting ahead on that list. He started cleaning up the garage. He was quite disappointed because he cannot find one of his spades. Could I have put it in some strange place?

Leroy is planning to ride his bike the 12.5 miles one way to come see me. I would like to ride the bike to work, but not sure that I can manage that. We rode last night for just about six miles. I could tell it has been since October that my bottom has rested on the bike seat.


Paula

No comments: