Tuesday, April 26, 2016

How can it be?

Hello,

Sunday morning I walked into the kitchen to get breakfast started. About five minutes later I walked through the same doorway only to feel myself move through a thin cord that broke. “Oh no a spider’s newly spun thread.”

I immediately started brushing at my face where I had felt it glide past. There was no other discernible sensation, but I whapped at my hair, checked on my pj’s and felt creepy with a possible spider rider.

How could there be another spider in this house, I had gotten rid of two in days recently past. Was the word out among spiders that Paula does not clean as much or as well as she once did? It seems to me that spiders put in a bigger appearance in the fall rather than the spring. Is the whole world changing? How will I keep track of what is what?

We got the bill for our internet connection. It was about ten dollars higher than it had been in the past. I remember that when we lived in Chariton the company called one time and talked with Leroy. When Leroy was finished he said with a confused expression, “I am not sure, but it seems we will pay less and have a higher speed.”

That is exactly what happened, but why? We never did learn and we did not want to rattle any cages just in case they decided they had made a mistake.

I thought when I reached the great age of 68 life would hold no more mystery. It is so amazing that it just continues to happen.


Paula

No comments: