Sunday, May 1, 2016

Old Geezers

Hello,

It is hard to know whether to espouse the idea of being an old geezer or try to deny that idea.

On the radio, it was stated that certain young people are drawn to old people so it was good to tell them stories of your past. That is easy for me to do as I seem to remember quite a bit about it and my grandchildren like to listen to such tales. They frequently ask for more, often more than I can remember at that moment.

This comment on the radio also talked about the appearance of old geezers. One should either be impeccably dressed in up to the minute style or look as if you have not had new clothes in forty years. Oh dear, I do not fit either scenario. I have some old clothes that are still hanging around, things that might be almost 20 years old, but the impeccably dressed part eludes me completely.

Today, in spite of it being Sunday, Leroy and I cleaned the computer room. It is the smallest room in the house so it seemed that it should be a snap to get this job done. I thought we could get done by 2:00 but Leroy, when questioned said, “I thought we would be done at 3:00.”

Neither of us was correct. We finished at 2:30 in the afternoon. “I am tired,” I said, “are we old?”

“Yes,” Leroy stated emphatically.

Guess that puts us in the old geezer category without the style.

By the way, the reason we did this job on Sunday afternoon is because it is the first time in several days/weeks that we were home together in the afternoon. Leroy was off yesterday as well, but I worked.


Paula

No comments: