Sunday, May 8, 2016

Nice Day

Hello,

My day started with a 6:30 morning call from Brian. I was a little anxious before I heard his normal sounding voice. He called so early because he thought he might not call for Mother’s Day once the rest of the family got started. It did not wake us up because we had been awake since 6:00. Both of the girls called at more usual times of day.

Leroy and I had gone to church Saturday night because the choir sang. We were free in the morning with plans to take a long, long bike ride, however rain put a damper on that plan. We did go when the sky cleared. Eight miles was the extent of that trip. A few baby geese were seen as well as many smaller birds along with some ducks. We could hear many birds singing in the trees along with some loud croaking frogs. It was quite a fine trek. I think Leroy and I have passed into an older age group when riding the bike. Many people passed us, course they were often much, much younger looking. I felt like explaining to them as they zoomed by, “I have only been out five times this spring so I am not up to full speed.”

Leroy tells me that his young co-worker rides at 15 mph for greater distances. We only go about 10 mph. I know that Leroy slowed down several times so I could catch up. I will have to get out and increase my power. It has to be more of a priority than it is now because I do not often find the time when by myself.

Leroy and I looked over his schedule and my schedule. There are just four days in May when we are both not working for the full day. Three of those days are for Memorial Day weekend. We have made some plans so we can do something a little more than just be around the house or the garden. I have to confess that I do not really want to do a lot of traveling on that busy weekend. It seems there are always so many others on the road that it is not safe.


Paula

No comments: