Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Fussing

Hello,

Today I do not work so it is the perfect opportunity to do some jobs around the house. I did wash and hang out the kitchen towels, etc. They are now dry, but barely. Because it is my day off I had expected to deliver many of the neighborhood newsletters, however with a chance of rain becoming very real in the evening I did not want to have them get all wet or have them blow away. I put them on porches, under small rocks, or between doors if I can. It is against the law for us to put them in mailboxes so that sheltered place is not available.

My Christmas cactus needs to be repotted. For some reason I cannot get my energy worked up to tackle that job so it is still to be attended to. I am afraid of disturbing it so much that it might die altogether.  Oddly enough, I noticed that one of the dead looking stubs is growing leaves. Does that mean that more life is there than I have any idea? My clivia has put up five babies. It is also time to repot it, but what am I going to do with all those offspring? The Internet site states that it likes crowded conditions. The bromeliad also has a pup. Supposedly the center was to die and the young repotted. For some reason the parent has not yet died so I dislike encouraging that process because it still looks nice.

My oldest granddaughter has not been feeling well and finds it difficult to eat. Even though she is eight and does not weigh a lot she has lost seven pounds. All terrible possibilities that the pediatrician looked for have been ruled out, but they do not know for sure what is causing the distress. The gastroenterologist is prescribing some meds which we hope help her.

It seems to me that much fussing and emotional energy expenditure goes for things that I cannot control. Will I ever learn to be calm in all circumstances?


Paula

No comments: