Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Just a Day Off

Hello,

I have to make a clarification on my report of the bike ride last Saturday. Leroy does not ride 50-60 miles in the morning. That “he” was the guy who organized the ride. Leroy only goes about six miles a day. Leroy is not quite so dedicated.

We were eating breakfast this morning when I gasped, leaped up and went to the window to see a squirrel that had been on top of the second story of the house next door plummet to the ground but manage to run under their deck. Leroy was so relieved to learn that it was a squirrel that had so viciously grabbed my attention. He thought there was so terrible tragedy out there.

Even though it was not on my chore list I decided to vacuum the window sills or that space between the window and the screen. It did not require much insight to realize that was not creating the effect I wanted. Next I moved on to wash that area after I had gathered rags, bucket, water, and cleaner. The next thing was realizing that I would get a better clean result if I took out the screens. Once the screens were out there was nothing for it but to wash them too so I gathered more rags and an additional bucket. We only have ten windows in this apartment. I should say we have ten sparkling sills and screens. Do you think Leroy will notice when he comes home? I am not holding my breath, but if he opens a window he will surely see it. I will, one day soon, wash the windows. Now that should not be such a big job because all I have to deal with is the glass. Love these windows that flip in so I can do both sides without breaking my neck. My mother used to wash off the window then use clean water with ammonia in it before drying them. When Leroy was in the seminary, we got a lower rent rate because we were to help with maintance around the house. One of those chores was washing windows. I learned to wash the windows with plain water, second wash the window with ammonia, and finally use a purchased window washing product. Drying was the hard part because our landlady looked at the window from many angles and sometimes there was quite a lot to redo. No hurrying and slacking on that job.


Paula

No comments: