Saturday, May 21, 2016

Plans Change

Hello,

No longer car trip for us today. We biked to Ely with a group this morning. The message about it talked about people setting their own pace. Somehow that sounded slower to me. However, I was the slow one of the group. The organizer did stay behind us, but I felt a bit guilty for that because Leroy and I can easily ride on our own. Plus he talked about riding in April till now and he often goes 50 or 60 miles. I have to tell you that many of those people ahead of us looked to be about my age. I was puffing to keep up. Leroy and I took ourselves home alone. Leroy almost had to drag me. My legs would have been happy just to coast along, unfortunately there was a moderate wind which felt like a gale if I paid much attention to it. There is also a bit of uphill on the return trip requiring gearing down. I just forced myself to keep the legs going round. Leroy waited for me from time to time. Can you believe that at one time I would outpace him consistently? That is a dim dream these days. This almost daily commute certainly puts him on the up side of all this. I at least made it home and I can still walk around.

We are considering going on a hike this evening. I suspect we can get that done. It will be at our or perhaps my pace. It is a good outdoor day. In fact Leroy, now that his nap is finished, is going to read outside. For some reason I have never really liked to do that. I squint too much because of the bright sun light.

I found the ravioli from Christmas still in the freezer. Yesterday I cooked it and invited, at the last minute, our friends below us to come and share. We had a nice visit. Now we will finish the ravioli as left over. Leroy is happy about that because this is his family special meal and he relishes it. I only make it once a year so I do not spoil him.


Paula

No comments: