Monday, May 30, 2016

Unexpected

Hello,

Yesterday there was a beautiful dragon fly resting on our screen. I called Leroy to come see it. He wanted to take a picture so I carefully opened the window. The picture was a lot of screen. That critter was still there when we came home from church about two hours later. Church only took one hour, walking and talking occupied the rest of the time. On the way to church we disturbed two people sitting in the shade on their walkers. I had intended to walk around them, but one noticed us and moved to let us pass.

We attended two high school graduation celebrations. I was pleased at how simple and low key they were. The emphasis was on talking and eating rather than other things.

In the evening we shared some of the best watermelon this year with our downstairs friends. It was a little buggy outside, but not unbearable. I can say that because many of the bugs do not like me.

After that Leroy and I went on a bike ride that was about seven miles. Again Leroy had to wait for me. A deer ambled off the trail as we approached. I liked seeing that. The day before we had seen about three turkeys in a field. Iowa is full of wild life.

This morning, without me, Leroy rode about 12-13 miles in the early hours. He did it as fast as we had the seven the night before. I sadly remember a time when I had to wait for him. I wonder where that strong woman went.

Last night we watched, and enjoyed, the movie Tangled. A woman brought it into the library and reported that it did not work. It worked so well on our player that I forgot that is why we were watching it.


Paula

No comments: