Wednesday, June 1, 2016

No Rain

Hello,

Rain looked possible this morning, but disappeared by noon. I washed half of the windows which numbers just five, but I stuck to the shady side of the house. I have in my possession cloths from Norwex. It was incredibly easy to do without chemicals of any kind. I did wash with plain water and a rag before using the special cloths because I wanted to wipe away, especially on the outside of the windows, as much dirt as I could. At this point I do not see a single streak or mar on the windows. It could even have passed Mrs. Grinland’s exacting standards. I am impressed.

I will tackle the other five windows Friday morning when the unclean windows are in shade. My mother always said not to wash windows when the sun is shining on them. Is that an “old wives tale” or does it hold up over time as the best way?

I am making lasagna for supper. It is supposed to have spinach in it, but I had dandelion greens in the house, so they are the substitution. I also did not have ground turkey so tofu was the substitution for that. I did not have enough of the parmesan cheese so cottage cheese was the substitution for that. Did I tell you I was following a recipe? Don’t believe that statement for a minute. The recipe is a mere guideline not a rule.

Leroy has organized a bike ride at the church. I am going on that, but wonder if again I will be the slow person. If nothing else, I will just lag back and turn around when I am feeling like it is enough riding. I hope I do not feel too full after eating this experimental lasagna which will surely be good.


Paula

No comments: