Monday, June 13, 2016

Vacations

Hello,

Leroy and I would like jobs that have the Slovak idea of more time off. Six weeks seems to us to be what we need. Now we have jobs that do not have written in vacation because they are only half time. The trouble is that we both have a difficult time just taking what we want. It was not part of our ideas when growing up. One must be responsible and on time.

At least I only have one job so I do get time off that I can use in many ways, but really I am stuck in a rut. Next Saturday I work, but Leroy does not. He is disappointed because he would like to do something with me. I believe he should ride the bike to work with me. He can go home anytime that he would like, but we could ride one way together. Or I suppose he could ride the same ride twice. That would give him fifty miles in one day. Seems that could be a challenge.

We had talked about doing some short drives in Iowa, but we have really only done one of those and then it was raining at our destination. That hardly seems to count as a trip. We will get better at this. Surely we can learn how at any age. I guess it is true that I have a difficult time having fun. I was told this in some personality studies that we did. Maybe it is because I enjoy so many things daily, that I do not live in others’ realm of having fun. I, for instance, do not look forward to drinking or going to loud concerts. My fun is on a much quieter level. I would rather visit and play games. Traveling is fine, but I have to confess that I often find it tiring after a week or so. I also do not really want to plan any of that, but like it when someone else figures out what we are doing and then I can just do it. When in Slovakia we often traveled, but part of that was the realization that we would not be there so long so we must do it now. We saw much of Slovakia. Glad we did that.


Paula

No comments: