Sunday, June 12, 2016

Visitors

Hello,

The visit was refreshing and delightful. We would be happy to see any of you on your way to somewhere or we could even be the destination. Talk flowed without strain and smiles abounded. What difference does 20 years make? Not much when it comes to connecting. They did not stay long enough, but it was after church and before Leroy went for the nursing home service so it fit nicely.

Maybe we will get to Texas to visit them in the future that is not too far away. Now we are thinking of how to visit our two daughters. It has been a year since we have been to Utah. In the fall it will be a year since we have been to DC. I am grateful that Brian is close enough that we can do that on a weekend or extended weekend. It is just hard to get it all done. If my work schedule were three days in a row giving me more flexible time for travel, I might get it done, although the distance is great enough that I would like to spend some time when I do get there considering the few trips per year. Leroy does talk about quitting one of his jobs so he would have more flexible time as well. Retirement does start to look more attractive. I will be 70 in a year and a half. Leroy will be 70 a year after that. One of the big hold ups for me is that I still do not know where I want to be when I retire. Really I would like my children to live closer to each other. That would solve the issue.

At book club tomorrow night I will talk about the book, The Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff. I liked it so it will be easy to talk about it in a very positive way. Again I am impressed with the generosity of people. The connections between people are of great value.


Paula

No comments: