Friday, June 10, 2016

Coolness

Hello,

I am so grateful for the coolness of the house. We have not yet turned on the air conditioning. This must be a well insulated place. We open the house at night hoping to let in all the coolness that is outside after the sun goes down. Tonight we are going to put in the window fan and if that does not help we will turn on the air tomorrow.

When I was at the grocery store the clerk had on a light jacket which she took off commenting, “Now that I am not in the cooler I do not need that.”

There are different perks to different jobs. Leroy wore a short sleeved shirt today for the first time this year. He stated, “In the library I was cold. It was so nice to go out in the hall.”

I am also often cold at work. We humans certainly have difference temperature preferences.

We have a picnic to attend this evening. I wonder if attendance will be down because of the temperature. I know that many do not like to leave the inside altered air. We are so dependent on electricity for so much of life. Could we survive without it? Changes would have to be made in so much of our existence. I have lived without many modern conveniences, but electricity has been available throughout my life.

Sometimes I wonder what in the world will be necessary twenty years from now. Just saw a note from daughter Sarah who is traveling to Kenya for business. She is taking more than one laptop with her. I believe life was lighter in the past even if less connected.


Paula

No comments: