Sunday, June 26, 2016

Technology

Hello,

Sometimes I hear people complain about technology; mostly this is because it does not work as they anticipate. For now technology helps Leroy. He is listening to audio books, watching TV a little and looking on the internet for a UV shirt.

We do have ear buds with the IPOD, but they do not work with Leroy’s tablet. A new purchase allows him to listen without disturbing me all of the time. This set of ear buds even has a switch so he can pause the book, reverse or seek forward. For some unknown reason this set of earphones will work with the IPOD as well as the tablet. In addition they have a mike for answering calls. Amazingly they cost less than the set we originally purchased.

Leroy is also watching a movie and he has the sound quite low, but put up the subtitles so he does not have to hear so well. Course I wonder about the visual strain involved. He has not yet complained.

One good thing about all of this is that he has no pain and does not feel sick. He went to church this morning, but I drove as it takes him longer to walk. He also did a nursing home service this afternoon. Again I drove, ordinarily he would have walked.

By the end of the day he will be tired from all of the new learning that his brain is tackling. He finds that he has an altered peripheral perception. He is not able to look quickly between two things and focus immediately. He changes the eye patch from eye to eye. He is talking about work tomorrow. I might drive him there, but I do not know how he will get home as the bus route is not quite as good for his work place. I work until 8:00 pm on Mondays so I cannot help. Tuesday and Wednesday I will be off so I can assume all chauffer jobs.


Paula

No comments: